Schedule a Heating Tune-Up in New Jersey
Winter is coming.
This isn’t just a quote from Game of Thrones, this is a fact! Whether you have a heat pump or furnace, you rely on your heating equipment to keep you comfortable no matter what the New Jersey winter throws at you. If you’re looking for a way to enter the heating season with confidence this year, be sure to schedule a heating tune-up before it gets too cold.
Benefits of a Heating System Tune-Up
There are many reasons why you should schedule a heating system tune-up. Some of the primary benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Energy savings – Everyone wants to save money, which is one reason you might be tempted to skip maintenance this year. However, important tasks such as oiling up moving parts to reduce friction and cleaning the burners to improve heat transfer help your heater run more efficiently, decreasing your energy bills in the process.
- Lower carbon footprint – If you want to do your part for the environment, scheduling a tune-up to increase the efficiency of your furnace or heat pump is a step in the right direction.
- Safety – If you have a furnace, this combustion appliance produces carbon monoxide as a byproduct of burning natural gas or oil. Maintenance reveals heat exchanger or ventilation malfunctions so you can keep your family safe from carbon monoxide poisoning. If you have a heat pump, loose wiring could cause a spark and start a fire. Maintenance includes tightening electrical connections to ensure your family is safe.
What Happens If I Don’t Schedule a Heating Tune-Up?
- Voided warranty – Manufacturers typically require annual maintenance performed by a professional contractor to uphold the warranty. Failure to schedule a tune-up this year could void your warranty.
- Mid-winter breakdowns – How do you know if a belt in your furnace is fraying, or the reversing valve in your heat pump has gone bad? Without a technician to come take a look, the belt could break in the dead of winter or the heat pump could fail to operate, leaving you without a working heater when you need it most.
- Shorter equipment life – Would you expect a neglected car to reach 100,000 miles? No? Then you shouldn’t expect a neglected furnace or heat pump to last more than a few seasons. Tune-ups keep the system in good condition so you can avoid buying a replacement for many years to come.
The Best Time to Schedule a Heating Tune-Up in New Jersey
Technically, you can schedule maintenance for your heat pump or furnace any time of year, but the fall is the best time for a heating tune-up. This is right before you start using the heating equipment regularly, so any repairs can be put to good use right away. Remember, since your heat pump also cools your home in the summer, you should have it tuned up in the spring as well.
Contact Air Professionals Heating & Air Conditioning to schedule a heating tune-up in New Jersey.