How Much to Spend on A New Cooling System
Trusted Air Conditioner & Heat Pump Installation in NJ
So, your cooling system broke, but you’re not sure how much to spend on a brand spanking new air conditioner or heat pump for your New Jersey home? Well, you’re not alone! Finding a quote that not only fixes your problem but is within your budget can sometimes be hard to find.
Below, we outline what to look for in an HVAC contractor and how much you can expect to pay for a new cooling system in New Jersey.
5 Tips for Finding an HVAC Contractor
When choosing an HVAC contractor to install or replace a cooling system in your home, it’s more than just selecting the cheapest quote. Often times contractors who may be slightly more expensive offer more comprehensive services and have the track record to support the initial up-front expense.
Keep in mind, your HVAC contractor will be in your home with you during the installation, so choosing a contractor within your budget and one you are comfortable interacting with are both crucial. Follow these five tips to help you find a reliable HVAC contractor.
- Ask for referrals – Who do you trust more than family and friends? Ask neighbors, coworkers, or whoever you feel most comfortable who they recommend to install your new cooling system.
- Find special offers – The cost of installing a new cooling system in your NJ home does not always directly relate to the quality of work you’ll be receiving. Shop around for special offers from various contractors, federal or state government rebates, etc.
- Get itemized estimates – Written, itemized estimates ensure you can compare, cost, energy-efficiencies, warranties, etc.
- Ask for a written quote – We always suggest asking for a written quote from your selected contractor. Written quotes are often a sign of experienced, trusted contractors.
- Call references – Think you know which contractor you want to choose? We recommend calling two or three references to verify the quality of service and overall level of satisfaction from a few customers.
How Much Does a New Cooling System Cost?
The cost to install a new cooling system in your New Jersey home depends on several factors, including:
- Cooling capacity – Naturally, a 1,500 square foot home demands less power to match your cooling needs than a 3,000 square foot home. At Air Professional, we install air conditioners and heat pumps designed to match any cooling capacity.
- Cooling equipment – Every home is designed and built differently and requires different cooling capacities. Depending on the size of your home (and other factors), our professional installers can make recommendations about the best AC systems for you.
- Labor – The amount of time it takes to install your new cooling system could range from a single days work to multiple days. Most HVAC contractors charge between $75 – 100 per hour of labor to install a new cooling system in addition to the cost of equipment.
- Scope of work – During your installation your cooling system may require additional duct work or repairs, and depending on the location of your new system, additional work may be necessary.
- And more!
All in all, you can expect a new cooling system to cost anywhere between $4,000 – 10,000, depending on your system, equipment, and contractor. You may want to consider installing a more energy-efficient model. Although a more expensive option up front, an energy saving model can save you money on your utility bill in the long run. Selecting an air conditioner with a high SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio) will be more efficient than a lower rated air conditioner.
Schedule AC or Heat Pump Installation in New Jersey
If you’re looking to install a new air conditioner or heat pump and you live in Hunterdon, Mercer, Middlesex, Somerset, or Warren County, schedule HVAC service from Air Professionals today!