5 Signs Your Air Conditioner Needs Repair
Your air conditioner can make some odd noises or smell funny from time to time. Most homeowners find that these symptoms are often telltale signs your air conditioner needs repair. Without repairing your air conditioning system, it may lead to less efficient cooling, or worse, a midseason breakdown.
Below, we’ve outlined five signs your air conditioner needs repair.
Signs It’s Time to Schedule AC Repair
More often than not, an air conditioner left unrepaired that is showing signs of distress will result in an untimely breakdown. Whether it’s in the middle of a humid summer day along the Jersey Shore or during a muggy night, air conditioner breakdowns are without a doubt an inconvenience.
If you notice any of the following warning signs, contact your local HVAC contractor and schedule air conditioner repair right away:
- No cool air. Without the circulation of cold air throughout your home, you and your family will find yourself sweating away the days. There are a variety of reasons why your air conditioner won’t distribute cold air from your cooling system’s registers, so it’s best to call a cooling contractor to troubleshoot your air conditioner.
- Pools of water. Sometimes you may notice pools of water collecting under the outdoor unit of your air conditioning system. Some causes of leaking water are a broken condenser pump, improper installation, or the simple fact that your air conditioner cannot function because the temperature is too cold. Whatever the case, only an experienced HVAC company can properly diagnose your system.
- Strange noises. The condenser unit of your cooling system is prone to make all sorts of noises. Although if operating properly, you shouldn’t notice any strange noises. No air conditioner is completely silent, so if you notice loud, abnormal noises (humming, buzzing, knocking, growling, squealing, or rattling), schedule AC repair before your air conditioner breaks down.
- Intermittent cycling. Another sign your air conditioner needs repair is if your system cycles on and off intermittently. Over the course of a hot day, your air conditioner will cycle on and off as temperatures inside your home increase. Once temperatures rise above your thermostat setting, your cooling system kicks on and returns your home to a comfortable temperature. However, if you find your air conditioner running for only a few seconds or few minutes at a time, chances are it needs repair.
- Odd odors. When your air conditioner smells bad, chances are it is broken. Foul smells often mean your air conditioner’s wire insulation has burned out. Musty smells are a good indicator there is a mold problem. Whatever the case, contact your local HVAC contractor to schedule air conditioner repair and troubleshoot your issue.
Air Conditioner Repair in New Jersey
Air Professionals Heating & Air Conditioning is New Jersey’s premier HVAC contractor. Our NATE-certified heating and cooling technicians are equipped with the tools to handle any air conditioner repair in New Jersey.
Contact us today to schedule air conditioner repair – 908-284-2422.
We provide air conditioner repair and service in the following NJ counties: